Monday, November 17, 2008

What do we feel proud abt us?

Indonesian and Indian. Both have part in my identity. Both shape me as i am now. Sadly, i never feel i belong in both cultures. Tho i am an indian and indonesian, i don't identify myself as an indian nor indonesian. It's not good, the feeling of not fitting in anywhere. i decided to fix it and try the basic first, appreciation towards both cultures
.
so here goes the things that i appreciate (love) about Indonesia:
  1. It has -oh so many-variety of delicious food
  2. the habit of drinking tea all day long-- morning tea, snack time tea, diet tea at nite time, serving tea to all the guest (..or tis happens just in my family)
  3. it's very rich in cultural places to visit
  4. it's where most of the people i love live
  5. the fact that with 1 USD we can have 2 meals at local Mcdonald
  6. It's the place where i stayed for more than half of my life with lots of memories
  7. it's the place where dad is working to support my family
  8. Bali
  9. the fact that rupiah seems so much when converted to US dollar-- i use to give my other countries friend 10,000 rupiah bill (which is like 1 USD) and enjoy them admiring me for the  'generosity'
  10. the three different time zone which makes it cooler than one time zone countries
  11. its where my house and my purple room is
  12. Pirated DVDs and Games
  13. Good local singers and rising local writers
now come India
  1. Indian are just good looking yaar..
  2. songs  that make u move anywhere everywhere
  3. Abishek Bachan and Aishwaraya Rai
  4. the fact that i can speak and understand the language
  5. clothes and accessories.. where shall i begin? Sarees, Bangles, Bindhi and Boobies (yes, as Indian, we, gals have it bigger.. :P )
  6. Stereotyped as smart, which doesn't hurt at all. believe me.
  7. colorful and entertaining movie industry
  8. amazing arts
  9. being related to Appu, owner of Kwik-E-Mart
  10. festival of light

No comments: