Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shallow Relationship

It started as couples relationships’ discussion. How it can be really shallow.

I, myself, had enough share of shallow boygal’s relationship.
U know.. 
Go out on dates, movies, hang out with friends and dinner and sometimes sex. U laugh, u share u what happened and some other itsy bitsy things, but not the ‘real things’, like your hopes, fears, dreams, goals and which animal, given an equal chance, u would want to pet (baby elephant, if it's me). To have interest to get to know them inside-out. To really support your partner when they need the most, not just a ‘good luck’ text message per se. To cheer them up when they are sad. To really listen and lend a hand when they need help and if u believe in 
God, then to pray especially for them every night before sleep.

I come to the point of the reason to have a boy-gal relationship (if any) is to grow as a person, to nurture and be better. And is if for now to have future together hasn’t become a necessity.

This got me thinking of other kind of relationships I have in my life, parents, family and friends. I have a meaningful relationship with mom, but not so much with the others. It’s sad, but at least i’m not on denial. 

The last is our relationship w God. My gal fren once told me :
“Even if u only have one (good) relationship going on in your life and its wit Him, then ur ass is covered"

No comments: